Working with you towards the “new normal” as we return to work.
With a return to work from 8th June. We want to give you an update on the steps we are taking to keep you and the team safe.
Our practice has always followed stringent standards of infection control so that when you receive care, it is both comfortable and safe. With the help of our regulators and professional bodies we are focusing on new protocols that exceed the standards needed to operate a safe and efficient practice for you, our staff and the wider community following the COVID-19 crisis.
Before arriving at the practice, we ask you to:
- Thoroughly brush your teeth before leaving the house.
- Use toilet facilities before leaving home and try to avoid using these in the practice.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds before leaving home.
- Please wear a mask or face covering.
- Ensure that you arrive outside the practice at least a few minutes before your appointment.
- Appointment times have been staggered to avoid social contact in the building, therefore, punctuality is imperative.
- Only enter reception at the exact time of your appointment. The front door may be locked, a nurse will call you in at the time of your appointment.
- Unless absolutely necessary, attend your appointment on your own.
- Bring as little with you as possible. Bags, hats and coats present a greater risk for cross-infection.
- On the day prior to your appointment; complete a new medical history form, Risk Assessment form, COVID screening form and if needed a description detailing the nature of your complaint. These forms should be completed online.
When inside the practice, we ask you to:
- Use hand sanitiser on arrival and before you leave the building.
- Vulnerable patients may be asked to wear personal protective items such as masks and gloves. (we will provide these for you)
- Keep a safe distance between yourself and other patients.
- Make payments with credit or debit cards to avoid the need to handle cash.
- Be aware that when the staff are wearing certain masks they will be less able to communicate. Please excuse us for this, if needed we can arrange a remote video session after the appointment to discuss any issues.
- To meet the cross infection control standards dictated in the current climate we have no option than to apply a surcharge of between £15 and £30 to appointments to cover the costs of additional PPE.
To ensure a safe environment, we will:
- Install Perspex screens along the reception desk.
- Staff will wear additional levels of PPE when in the surgery.
- Allow fallow periods of up to an hour between appointments to allow for thorough disinfection.
- Minimise staff interaction and screen staff daily.
- Use air filtration systems, these can be noisy, please don’t be alarmed by this.
- Decontaminate communal areas throughout the day.
- Use video and phone consultations wherever possible.
- Remove newspapers, magazines and the coffee machine from the waiting area.
Our initial focus will be to treat patients in pain and with deteriorating conditions. Our team are accepting referrals for root canal treatment and surgical procedures.
We are happy to offer consultations for Invisalign, Aesthetics and Implants as these assessments can (for the most part) take place online.
To learn more about Invisalign, Aesthetic Treatments and Implants please telephone the practice on 01223 356765 or email us at [email protected]